© 2021-2022, Christopher Chang, MD. All rights reserved.
select which method to adjust headphone volume
sound calibration instructions
- Play the tone calibration file by pressing the triangle button below .
- Using a sound meter, ensure that the sound volume coming out of the headphones is 65±3 dB
- If needed, watch video of how to do this.
- Play the hand rub audio file by pressing the triangle button below with headphones on.
- Now, without the headphones on, rub your hands together closely in front of your nose, quickly and firmly.
- Using the volume slider, try to produce the exact same loudness
- Keep adjusting the volume so that the sound volume from the calibration file through your headphones and your hands rubbing without headphones are equally loud.
Testing in Progress
ear : right
timer : 5
airplane ice cream hot dog reindeer
|Normal||0 - 25 dB|
|Mild Hearing Loss||26 - 40 dB|
|Moderate Hearing Loss||51 - 55 dB|
|Severe Hearing Loss||>55 dB|